The signs of a desperate man are when they resort to embarrassing actions in a bid to save what little is left. First we had the ‘pretend hack’ on Hardwood’s cast (facepalm) and now, the stark raving lunatic that is known as Mark Vaughn, tries the same trick again, only this time, tries to blame it on Anonymous
Ok, first off, for those that missed it, here’s the video of the ‘hack’ as posted on Liveleak
Ok, let’s get straight to the 5 things that don’t add up here:
Let’s just humour him for a second, and take it as Anonymous have hacked him.
1) When Anonymous attack a site, they don’t usually just change a background image and post a few lines of spam in the chat. The whole point of ‘hacking’ a site is to either a) take the database and all other information that could be used for political or monetary gain, or b) dump all database and usernames/passwords/emails etc in Pastebin and deface the site, just for the lulz. Change a channel background and spam a few ‘unusual’ sentences without even taking over the actual cast? Anonymous?… really? I think not 😉
2) Scruff, having lived a sheltered life, and with age creeping up on her, is the weak link in all these hoax drama’s. Just as she fucked up the ‘Hardwood hack’ by banning Lardo, Billy etc, only then to spurt out “ok, i just got the IM” then suddenly unban them, then even Mod them (lmfao)… here, she blows the whole thing once again, just by her reaction. Scruff’s ego thrives on being in control, having that feeling of complete power over people is what keeps her going. But watch her response in the video. I’ve seen her get more concerned over where her hedgehog has shit (no sexual innuendo intended) than she did after her site was allegedly hacked.
3) The ‘password reset testing’ bollox. Ok, for those that have watched Mark over the years, you will have probably heard him mention about ‘testing’ new features he’s planning for his sites. He has always said, that he has a clone of the sites on another system in his studio, where he tests things before he implements them on VL/Vapers etc. You only have to think back to when Scruff was boasting about how good the new ‘look’ was for VaughnLive, weeks before Mark changed the layout to how VL is now. So if he has a clone, for testing purposes, why would he test the forgot password function on the real site? The answer, he wouldn’t!
4) Sticking with the password theory. You own a site, and you want to check a feature is working. Ok, lets just give him the benefit of the doubt. To test a password function, why didn’t he use one of his numerous ‘test’ accounts that he’s always bragging about in Bubba’s and GG’s casts? It would have the same effect as using his REAL account.
5) And finally, lets go back to what Matt (ex staff) told everybody a long time ago. Apparently Mark, as 99.999% of server owners do, blocks all access to his log in unless it comes from his specific IP range. This is common practice, so that unless the IP matches, you might as well go and sing Sweet Caroline while thinking of GG’s chafing odours.
So, was it fake?
Sorry guys, but Mark is desperate, real desperate, so expect some even more ludicrous ideas on how to save what traffic is left, and salvage his claim to fame.